Welcome, Guest. Please Login
Back to main page
  News:
Welcome to the ShadowFlare's Realm Forums.  New registrations are by request only.  To be considered for a new forum account, send an e-mail with the user name and display name you want and the reason you want to register.
  Home SFRealm HelpSearchLogin  

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Lo?Edit and BinEdit - problematical questions (Read 2029 times)
BroodKiller
Peon

Draw steel Boyz!

Sopot - Poland
Lo?Edit and BinEdit - problematical questions
Nov 07th, 2002, 2:31pm

Lo?Edit:

I know how to use this tiny program...well, as long as I want to do the standard stuff ie. changing the direct coordinates map. But my problem relies on a need of knowledge how to fully profit of it. Here's the list of things that make me sick with it:

!)What do mean multiple coordinates for a single frame?
@)How do they work? (meaning: In what purpose can I use them?)
#)Will it be (in the future) possible to essentially create new lo* files with it? (within the know extensions of course)
$)Will it then be possible to more specificaly edit the lo*s? (meaning: add and delete the coordinates and change the actual number of frames used etc.)

I know that such questions are very rare, and you, ShadowFlare won't bother filling them if there are not enough of such request, but nevertheless I'd like to know what would (if ever would anything) happen to this nice utility.

BinEdit:

It's quite simple:
Would BinEdit ever reach the level of "ver. 1.0"? It is a do powerful program so I think it'd be appreciated to see it eventually in full-power after all this time it is in beta stage.

Clean...Simple...Devious...I like it

*Ah!I got infected by Sir Galahad!*
Hi! I'm a .signature *virus*! Copy me into your ~/.signature to help me spread!
  IP Logged
ShadowFlare
Administrator/Lord of Nightmares

The source of all
chaos

The Sea of Chaos
Re: Lo?Edit and BinEdit - problematical questions
Reply #1 - Nov 7th, 2002, 5:19pm

Quote:
!)What do mean multiple coordinates for a single frame?
@)How do they work? (meaning: In what purpose can I use them?)

One thing this is used for is with the terran bunker.  It specifies where the gun shot graphic shows up for each direction.

Quote:
#)Will it be (in the future) possible to essentially create new lo* files with it? (within the know extensions of course)

It is already possible to create new ones in the program.

Quote:
$)Will it then be possible to more specificaly edit the lo*s? (meaning: add and delete the coordinates and change the actual number of frames used etc.)

Already can be done in the program.

Quote:
I know that such questions are very rare, and you, ShadowFlare won't bother filling them if there are not enough of such request, but nevertheless I'd like to know what would (if ever would anything) happen to this nice utility.

This utility will never be updated, because I no longer have it's code.  I lost it long ago.  It wouldn't be too hard to make again, though.  However, there isn't any reason to make another, unless I'm going to add a feature like displaying the graphics that the lo? file is associated with.  The reason this is so is because the program already supports every possible thing you would want to do to the files.

BinEdit:

It's quite simple:
Would BinEdit ever reach the level of "ver. 1.0"? It is a do powerful program so I think it'd be appreciated to see it eventually in full-power after all this time it is in beta stage. [/quote]

My code for this is in the same place as Scm Toolkit, so I can't really update it right now.  If you want to know more about this, read my first post in http://shadowflare.samods.org/cgi-bin/yabb/YaBB.cgi?board=support;action=display...

-ShadowFlare

"My mind is my power. My power is my mind.
When uncorrupted by other elements, my mind is my pure power."

"I am a darkness beyond blackest pitch, deeper than the deepest night.
I am the Sea of Chaos. The source of all chaos.
That is how you describe me...
I am... the Lord of Nightmares."
WWW 46431561 ShadowFlareSFR   IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print