Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Topic Tools
Normal Topic Ansewer me Flease ... (Read 2532 times)
Hmar
Peon

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Ansewer me Flease ...
Aug 30th, 2003 at 4:54pm
Post Tools
I modified the original MPQ of Starcraft (buildings are detectors, Battlecruisers use 1 person .. etc) Via   
Arsenal 3  and  WinMPQ .The problem is when i play a multiplayer game, the clients with the original starcraft MPQ are dropped, but when i copy my modified MPQ on their machines, we play normally, (but there is no sens if all our buildings are detectors, isnt it ?) So tell me please What i can do ...

IP Logged

Ojan
Ex Member

Re: Ansewer me Flease ...
Reply #1 - Sep 6th, 2003 at 1:02pm
Post Tools
All players must run the same MPQ in order to play. AFAIK, there is no way around that, and that's a good thing, since otherwhise, you could cheat really bad...

IP Logged

Tactics_Editor
Peon

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Reply #2 - Apr 19th, 2004 at 5:56am
Post Tools
Stormcoast Fortress FAQ: http://www.smempire.org
Quote:

16. What happens if someone without the mod tries to join a mod, does the game crash, or are you simply told the version is incompatible?
The person who "offends" Battle.net first is dropped from the game, and this continues until either one player is left, or the last group of people all have the mod. This is because of a desyncing error that Battle.net reports. If one person's game says that it can attack much faster than before, and with a new weapon, and the other person's game doesn't, Battle.net treats this as a syncing problem and drops whomever causes the game to desync first. So you can play with people with out the mod - but the second you try out something exclusive to your Mod, the game will crash. That includes if the person who doesn't have the Mod tries to attack _you_ (the person with the mod) with units that they haven't modified (but you have). If all the changes you have made are just strings or graphical changes, no desyncing error should result. In general, it is only changes made to unit statistics/abilities which cause a desync.   

So you can:
* Asc your friends to download and install your mode 100% as on your computer
* Use MPQdraft or 2 patch_rt.mpq files to run either your modified game with people, who have your mod, or normal game on BNET

All patches change patch_rt.mpq, so if you didn't change it, you will be able to copy all original MPQs from CD to fix the problem, and then - use MPQ- or Star- draft. (1st is better, 2nd is easier (I think))

IP Logged

]EE[BATCAVE^10
Peon

hell no, this is stupid
by default

Reply #3 - May 7th, 2004 at 5:30pm
Post Tools
Quote:
Stormcoast Fortress FAQ: http://www.smempire.org

So you can:
* Asc your friends to download and install your mode 100% as on your computer
* Use MPQdraft or 2 patch_rt.mpq files to run either your modified game with people, who have your mod, or normal game on BNET

All patches change patch_rt.mpq, so if you didn't change it, you will be able to copy all original MPQs from CD to fix the problem, and then - use MPQ- or Star- draft. (1st is better, 2nd is easier (I think))

What a bunch of bullshit. You ppl (I guess I'll exclude ShadowFlare) dont know nuts about how blizzard compacts MPQ's and handles what you call "desynching" or whatever that BS is. There are multiple files for each game. One is an excel document that has a tab'd offset for units and abilities (In D2 and WC you also have Items and monsters and their drops etc.) You can change the excel document and the game could throw you out when you go into a b.net game because the file you modified does not HASH to the encrypted file that is paired with that excel document. Note: It is not given an excel extension but thats what it is.

For instance, in D2, you can create a mod that works on b.net in regular games with everyone else. You must modify only a few items one at a time (I have found that if you change EVERY item, it does kick you out).

Although this can be done, I do not know if you all have an MPQ editor or viewer or whatever from the net that reads/writes to the newest MPQ formats (where the storm.dll is also inside the .exe) Makes cracking them a tad more difficult, but not by much.

Any of you ever know the name Raymond Tan? Old school ppl will. Well anyways, he and I used to rock up b.net in the days where b.net was a pile of junk with a giant hole called "diablo". Those servers were horrible, stupid Windows NT. The problem with blizzard is, even after getting rid of gay NT, their programs still left the holes. D2 tried to fix it by making the clients authorize on the servers and stuff, but you cannot lock down a 500+MB file, especially if you run the expansion and then that means 2 of those huge files. The point of all this is, if you want to mod something and get it to work with everyone on b.net, you gotta fix both files (wc2, d2, wc3, and later) that correspond to what it is you are changing. For instance, I have modified the patch.mpq file for D2 expansion (i think its called d2patch.mpq) to have Baal drop 6 uniques (sometimes its only 5 and a rare or magical). As long as I am the first one to damage Baal, anyone who is in the game sees the items he drops and they are all unique. If someone else hits him first it doesn't (dunno how the servers do that but oh well). There are three versions of each of the act bosses, I just changed Hell's version of baal to do this. I am sure that you can change diablo or some other boss to do a similiar drop. Also, I have changed a few of the super unique items to be available and to drop in ring format (still show up as armor picture or whatever). I was only able to find one of them since I did this mod, but it worked and I"M NOT BANNED YET so i'm guessing it worked.

and I guess the point of all this was to say BS to the desynching stuff. You have to modify all files that directly interact with the settings you intended to change. That way, when you send packets to the other players, and their packets return to you, their's end up going somewhere! instead of messing up and dropping one (or both, or all) from the game. If you want every building to be a detector (stupid idea but OOOOOKKK) then extract the building file for your race or whatever (i'm guessing terran here). Find the terran building specs for a detector, copy all of the data that pertains to build speed, effects, costs, etc. keep the original name the same.. like barracks or supply depot, but replace all their build information. This way, when the game sends the packets to you, all your equipment responds the same (except it will say barracks or supply depot).

Sometimes you can start the game w/o crashing and when you build something for the first time, one of you gets kicked out. Not sure how to fix that other than you probably copied too much or too little.

Besides, this is an ancient post to begin with, dunno why i'm responding but i wanted to stop programming for a bit cause i had a headache. then i came on here and read this crap so i HAD to make an account just to say bull nuts.

IP Logged

Tactics_Editor
Peon

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Reply #4 - Jun 13th, 2004 at 7:12am
Post Tools
Ok,ok,now we all know that ]EE[BATCAVE^10 is the best hacker to hack Blizzard into pieces Wink (noone ever said you aren't...)

But, we here are talking about S-T-A-R-C-R-A-F-T
And there are No Excel document in there (guess you were taking about warcraft, but SLKs ARE by default associated with excel 97) only units,upgrades,...,.dat (EXCEL:"unknown file format", I've tested....)

About hashing, thanks for info. The encryped file is on server, I guess, that is what you ment ..? (forgive me, worthless lamer for my lamerness...)

Yes,your account shouldn't get banned after that - it's true, no one have ever report of such things (at least I didn't know about them)

But, the first time you try to build a building/unit with modified stats, you will be most probably kicked, or anyone but you will be kicked.
That was proven by meny people years ago, look through some Starcraft sites, if you don't trust me.

I do not have a connection, capable of even trying to connect to BNet, so I can say smth wrong, but I don't think so.

By the way, try modifing the EXE's memory (memgraft), maybe you won't be kicked...

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Topic Tools