Welcome, Guest. Please Login
Back to main page
  News:
Welcome to the ShadowFlare's Realm Forums.  New registrations are by request only.  To be considered for a new forum account, send an e-mail with the user name and display name you want and the reason you want to register.
  Home SFRealm HelpSearchLogin  

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
WinMPQ prob (Read 8162 times)
Thunder-god
Peon

God i need to
sleep...

WinMPQ prob
Sep 01st, 2003, 1:22am

Ugh, this is annoying.. Well when ever i open the starcraft data file (The one with the starcraft .grp's) it gives me about 1000 unknown files... Anyone know why?

thundergod1989   IP Logged
Ojan
Ex Member

Re: WinMPQ prob
Reply #1 - Sep 2nd, 2003, 9:17pm

It is beacuse WinMPQ doesn't know what files are in the MPQ that you are opening (I assume it's either StarDat.mpq, BrooDat.mpq, patch_rt.mpq or Install.exe on the BW and/or SC CD). To make the files display, you need a listfile. The listfile is a huge document with all the files in the MPQs.

The best listfile there is can be found here. Go to the "Name Breaking" section to read more, or to the download section direcly for the download. With these listfiles, you'll only get 4 or 6 (depending on which file(s) you open) unknowns.

When you have downloaded the listfiles, unzip them, and go to WinMPQ and open "Options...". Go to the File lists tab, and select "Add File list", and open the filelists you want (which filelists you want depends on the games you have. If you only have SC and BW, you only need to open these file lists. The more filelists, the slower does it open, so don't add the Diablo 1 file list, for example, if you don't use it). Now click OK, and you're done.

Happy modding! Smiley

IP Logged
BroodKiller
Peon

Draw steel Boyz!

Sopot - Poland
Re: WinMPQ prob
Reply #2 - Sep 4th, 2003, 7:37pm

Actually, the listfile is needed only for StarDat and the Starcraft Install.exe files. The rest posses a one embedded within and doesn't an external one.

Clean...Simple...Devious...I like it

*Ah!I got infected by Sir Galahad!*
Hi! I'm a .signature *virus*! Copy me into your ~/.signature to help me spread!
  IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print