Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Topic Tools
Normal Topic WinMPQ prob (Read 9397 times)
Thunder-god
Peon

God i need to sleep...

WinMPQ prob
Sep 1st, 2003 at 12:22am
Post Tools
Ugh, this is annoying.. Well when ever i open the starcraft data file (The one with the starcraft .grp's) it gives me about 1000 unknown files... Anyone know why?

AIM  
IP Logged

Ojan
Ex Member

Re: WinMPQ prob
Reply #1 - Sep 2nd, 2003 at 8:17pm
Post Tools
It is beacuse WinMPQ doesn't know what files are in the MPQ that you are opening (I assume it's either StarDat.mpq, BrooDat.mpq, patch_rt.mpq or Install.exe on the BW and/or SC CD). To make the files display, you need a listfile. The listfile is a huge document with all the files in the MPQs. 

The best listfile there is can be found here. Go to the "Name Breaking" section to read more, or to the download section direcly for the download. With these listfiles, you'll only get 4 or 6 (depending on which file(s) you open) unknowns. 

When you have downloaded the listfiles, unzip them, and go to WinMPQ and open "Options...". Go to the File lists tab, and select "Add File list", and open the filelists you want (which filelists you want depends on the games you have. If you only have SC and BW, you only need to open these file lists. The more filelists, the slower does it open, so don't add the Diablo 1 file list, for example, if you don't use it). Now click OK, and you're done.

Happy modding! Smiley

IP Logged

BroodKiller
Peon

Draw steel Boyz!

Re: WinMPQ prob
Reply #2 - Sep 4th, 2003 at 6:37pm
Post Tools
Actually, the listfile is needed only for StarDat and the Starcraft Install.exe files. The rest posses a one embedded within and doesn't an external one.

Clean...Simple...Devious...I like it&&&&*Ah!I got infected by Sir Galahad!*&&Hi! I'm a .signature *virus*! Copy me into your ~/.signature to help me spread!

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Topic Tools