Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Topic Tools
Normal Topic WinMPQ / RUNTIME ERROR 6 (Read 4510 times)
DDARKSTAR
Peon

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

WinMPQ / RUNTIME ERROR 6
Mar 4th, 2005 at 1:33am
Post Tools
When I try to OPEN the BrooDat.Mpq it loads... and when it reaches 100% it appears the "Run-time error 6 Overflow" and WinMPQ closes. BTW I have Windows XP Proffesional Edition and installed all the requiered files.

IP Logged

doomhound
Peon

Re: WinMPQ / RUNTIME ERROR 6
Reply #1 - Apr 29th, 2005 at 6:14pm
Post Tools
I get the exact same error with Patch.mpq for World Of Warcraft. All of the other mpq files work. Size issue maybe? It seems files over 1GB won't load. Guess I should try a command-line extraction?

[edit]
I found this in the readme file.
"The FileLimit parameter has a minimum value of 16, and a maximum value of 262144."
I believe, in my case at least, that the cumulative Patch.mpq file for WoW has more files than that since it has been getting updated semi-frequently since launch in Oct./Nov. '04.

IP Logged

S_N_O_W_B_L_I_N_D
Peon

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Reply #2 - Apr 30th, 2005 at 4:46am
Post Tools
So, umm, is there a solution for this? Anyone know a workaround or is this a VB4 Limitation?

IP Logged

meherenow9
Peon

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Reply #3 - Apr 30th, 2005 at 8:24am
Post Tools
Yes, there is a work-around.  You need to download Blizzard's own Interface Customization Tool:

http://ftp.blizzard.com/pub/WoW/other/CustomInterfaceKit.zip

Your Program Files/WoW/Interface directory must be empy in order to execute this program, so you might have to temporarily move any custom UI files to another folder whole the files are being extracted. Happy modding!

IP Logged

Zifnab
Peon

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Reply #4 - May 27th, 2005 at 1:34am
Post Tools
oh!  that's the exact answer i was looking for for my issue...i'm new to this forum and think i posted it in the wrong forum..twice :p  thanks for the answer

IP Logged

Blyxx
Peon

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Reply #5 - Jul 18th, 2005 at 10:52pm
Post Tools
  I am recieving the same error everytime I try to open patch.mpq for World of Warcraft.I have all the required Files and I have the UI Customization Kit...still everytime open the file it gets to 100% and give me the Runtime 6 Error(Overflow)then closes.

Any help is appreciated.

IP Logged

Voyager7456
Peon

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Reply #6 - Jul 20th, 2005 at 12:14pm
Post Tools
I get the same error when trying to open any MPQ archive (StarCraft). It just started recently. I tried reinstalling EVERYTHING, runtime files, MPQ control, WinMPQ (I tried new and old versions).

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Topic Tools