Welcome, Guest. Please Login
Back to main page
  News:
Welcome to the ShadowFlare's Realm Forums.  New registrations are by request only.  To be considered for a new forum account, send an e-mail with the user name and display name you want and the reason you want to register.
  Home SFRealm HelpSearchLogin  

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Aiscript.bin external compiling (Read 2838 times)
bajadulce
Peon

I love YaBB 1G -
SP1!

Aiscript.bin external compiling
Mar 05th, 2005, 12:51am

Hi.  I have been working on an Ai loader that loads different Ai's compiled w/ scaiedit III  into patch_rt.mpq  

Currently we can load complete aiscript.bin's into patch_rt from a database of "compiled" ones.  Users can choose different Ai's ranging from normal to very difficult.  I would like to add the ability for users to choose different ai components (i.e. a terran from hard and protoss from normal).  After choosing scripts, this program would then put together an aiscript.bin.  This would allow users to mix and match different Ai's.  As it is we can only use SCAIEdit III.  While SCAIEdit III is very powerful and used as our main program for coding and editing our scripts,  I would like to make a small program that sole purpose is to just insert these scripts into aiscript.bin.

My question then is how hard would it be to write such a program that compiles an aiscript.bin from a database of different scripts?  And what would be needed to write such a program?

To get a better idea of what we are trying to do, download current projects at
http://www.geocities.com/bajadulce
or
http://www.entropyzero.org/broodwarAi.html

any info much appreciated

IP Logged
Human_Ktulu
Peon

I love YaBB 1G -
SP1!

Re: Aiscript.bin external compiling
Reply #1 - Aug 13th, 2005, 12:22am

Very intersting, i see that immédiatly. This can help me because a resarch a solution for "boost" AI of player under the computer ^^

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print