Welcome, Guest. Please Login
Back to main page
  News:
Welcome to the ShadowFlare's Realm Forums.  New registrations are by request only.  To be considered for a new forum account, send an e-mail with the user name and display name you want and the reason you want to register.
  Home SFRealm HelpSearchLogin  

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Object IDs (Read 1999 times)
se
Peon

I love YaBB 1G -
SP1!

Object IDs
Aug 30th, 2005, 8:51am

w3g_action.txt said object IDs seem to be an unsolvable problem.

I think Soars Replay Master handles unit identification via object IDs. Is that right?
http://www.soarchin.com/main.php?lang=en&devid=9

For example, an action: Issue Order: smart, {-6063.52, -1161.85), 50179 where 50179 I think, refers to the object ID for something.

Does that mean it is possible to identify different units in a Warcraft 3 replay file through their object IDs?  or do object IDs change for a unit all the time?

IP Logged
Nagger
Grunt

Re: Object IDs
Reply #1 - Sep 10th, 2005, 12:22am

[quote author=se  link=1125384709/0#0 date=1125388309]Does that mean it is possible to identify different units in a Warcraft 3 replay file through their object IDs? [/quote]
Yes it is. They do not change during a game.

But there is no real link what the object 50179 stands for. You do not know the kind of unit. Maybe it isn't even a unit but a item or a tree.

Also see this and that.

IP Logged
se
Peon

I love YaBB 1G -
SP1!

Re: Object IDs
Reply #2 - Sep 10th, 2005, 4:21am

thanks. Will take a look at it. Smiley I was thinking of identifying objects in order to gather movement data from them, but that doesn't seem feasible with Warcraft now. I've moved on to Starcraft:Broodwar, the bwchart at http://www.bwchart.com/. Hope I get more results there. Unfortunately, I can't find any documentation for it. If there's any documentation for the Starcraft replay format, plz let me know.

If some new discovery comes up with the Warcraft replay format, I'll also be interested to know.

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print