Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Topic Tools
Normal Topic WoW's latest patch.mpq (Read 5946 times)
kettch
Peon

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

WoW's latest patch.mpq
Apr 16th, 2006 at 3:13pm
Post Tools
Hi !

I noticed that with the latest patch, the patch file can not be opened anymore with most libs. I cannot use yours because I work on a Mac, so I was wondering if maybe you have some info, since your lib seems capable of reading this file...
In what you call "MpqAddFileToArchive", some flag appeared (0x04000000), and I couldn't find any documentation on it. I was wondering if maybe they changed the encryption method of the files in the MPQ archive 'cause now the lib cannot detect the file seed anymore.

You got any info on this ?
Thanks !

IP Logged

ShadowFlare
Administrator/Lord of Nightmares

The source of all chaos

Re: WoW's latest patch.mpq
Reply #1 - Apr 17th, 2006 at 8:01pm
Post Tools
They added a new way of storing compressed or encrypted files such that it is compressed and encrypted as one block.  I don't remember the exact flag for it, but it is likely the one you saw.  Also, there is a compression method they added for WoW - BZip2.

-ShadowFlare

"My mind is my power. My power is my mind.
When uncorrupted by other elements, my mind is my pure power."

"I am a darkness beyond blackest pitch, deeper than the deepest night.
I am the Sea of Chaos. The source of all chaos.
That is how you describe me...
I am... the Lord of Nightmares."
IP Logged

kettch
Peon

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Re: WoW's latest patch.mpq
Reply #2 - Apr 17th, 2006 at 8:50pm
Post Tools
I'm not sure about BZip2, since the lib I was using was able to read all WoW files... But the part about files being stored, compressed and encrypted in one block is much likely, since the file seed detection for the encryption is failing...
Since your lib is able to read this file, would you have some detailed specs about that part, so that I can implement it ?
Thanks !

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Topic Tools