Welcome, Guest. Please Login
Back to main page
  News:
Welcome to the ShadowFlare's Realm Forums.  New registrations are by request only.  To be considered for a new forum account, send an e-mail with the user name and display name you want and the reason you want to register.
  Home SFRealm HelpSearchLogin  

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Changing War3 UI (Read 3398 times)
paladinz_dude
Peon

I love YaBB 1G -
SP1!

Changing War3 UI
Nov 25th, 2007, 1:52am

I would like to edit some graphics in War3(dota TFT), mostly to enhance game play by eliminating most of the impractical eye candy and replacing it with useful information (where applicable).  I am not familiar with this program and ask for help.  This is not for a custom map, it is modding the game's base graphics for my personal play.

Here are a few things I would like to change:
-The Day to Night clock to show exactly when it is day and night not some vague moontime/suntime
-terrain to have a more visible grid, especially where there is a change in elevation
-trees and doodads to show their true blocking size and not cover units
-mana cost on the icon for skills
-show visually a unit's collision size
-Make heroes distinguishable on minimap (circle looks too similar to neutral spawns/other units) an X would be nice
-eliminate frilly UI borders that cover up visual parts of gameplay
-if somehow possible, create a circle around computer controlled units, for a standard exp range (1000 game units), and sight range (1800 Day / 800 Night)

IP Logged
esby
Peon

I love YaBB 1G -
SP1!

Re: Changing War3 UI
Reply #1 - Dec 6th, 2007, 9:02pm

I hope you realize that anything affecting the gameplay would or could be considered as an hack.
Most of the feature you labeled could be part of a maphack tool.

esby

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print