Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Topic Tools
Normal Topic Upgraded forum to most recent YaBB version (finally!) (Read 13936 times)
ShadowFlare
Administrator/Lord of Nightmares

The source of all chaos

Upgraded forum to most recent YaBB version (finally!)
Apr 12th, 2008 at 5:46pm
Post Tools
As you probably noticed, the appearance of the forum has changed.  I decided to upgrade to the latest version partly because of this recent occurrence:

ShadowFlare wrote on Apr 12th, 2008 at 9:12am:
You may have noticed that a lot of messages are now out of order.  About one and a half days ago, someone using a user name of margaretaj mass spammed the forum with 130 messages total, which must have been spread over at least an hour of posting, because of the time limit between postings.

I have deleted all of those messages, but it seems that on this forum topics do not go back to the original order after deleting messages.

As a result of upgrading, I've been able to fix the topic sorting.  I've also purged the user database of most accounts with no posts, since there were ridiculous numbers of unused accounts floating around that were mostly from spammers.  If I've deleted anyone's account by mistake, go ahead and recreate it if you have the intention of using it.

-ShadowFlare

"My mind is my power. My power is my mind.
When uncorrupted by other elements, my mind is my pure power."

"I am a darkness beyond blackest pitch, deeper than the deepest night.
I am the Sea of Chaos. The source of all chaos.
That is how you describe me...
I am... the Lord of Nightmares."
IP Logged

Ojan
Peon

Gimmie my 20 (or was it
40?) posts back! :p

Re: Upgraded forum to most recent YaBB version (finally!)
Reply #1 - Apr 14th, 2008 at 11:02pm
Post Tools
Wonderful! 

I see that RSS feeds also work on the new forum software. That is much wanted by me Smiley

Thanks a bunch!

Hi! I'm a .signature *virus*! Copy me into your ~/.signature to help me spread!
IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Topic Tools