Welcome, Guest. Please Login
Back to main page
  News:
Welcome to the ShadowFlare's Realm Forums.  New registrations are by request only.  To be considered for a new forum account, send an e-mail with the user name and display name you want and the reason you want to register.
  Home SFRealm HelpSearchLogin  

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
.W3G [Unpacking and Packing] (Read 7650 times)
Dragoon
Peon

.W3G [Unpacking and Packing]
Jan 08th, 2009, 2:03am

Let me explain the case:

I have several warcraft's replay (.w3g) that was recorded using the BOT named Ghost++. (Its a legal hosting BOT at euronet). Since I used a wrong map path cfg (The map cfg was created using a map  that was not inside the warcraft 3 folder) all my replays were created with the wrong map path cfg. Now It's impossible to watch theses replays. I keep getting this error:

You can figure it out why I'm getting this error. Its Because I have a Slash before the folder Maps(/Maps). Take a look in these 2 replays opened with dW3gParser:

Corrupted:

Fixed:

WHY I NEED THESE REPLAYS TO BEEN SEEN:

I need these replays working  because I need some dota "quiters" banned from my communite's channel Smiley.

HOW TO HELP:

I need someone to teach me how to descompress and compress w3g files in a very lame way so I can edit the map path and get my replay working again Smiley

Or If someone could make a program to descompress and compress w3g again would be better of course.

Quote:
I found a tool to unpack it but I dont know if It has errors and since I cant compress it back Its useless:
http://hilton.gw.oiccam.com/showthread.php?p=84029

Quote:
The most important replay I need to correct is this one:
http://www.dotaparser.com/index.php/replay/view/9843/
The guy name is [pulp]wallet

I really need help and I really would appreciate if someone could help me Smiley
Thank you for any assistance Smiley

IP Logged
esby
Peon

I love YaBB 1G -
SP1!

Re: .W3G [Unpacking and Packing]
Reply #1 - Jan 17th, 2009, 10:50am

Did you tried putting the 'bad' replay at the root of the drive where wc3 is installed?

esby

IP Logged
Dragoon
Peon

Reply #2 - Jan 31st, 2009, 12:31pm

Its works only in some PCs. Not all PC can see the replay.

IP Logged
esby
Peon

I love YaBB 1G -
SP1!

Reply #3 - Jan 31st, 2009, 3:16pm

You might try to want to check the path contained in this key
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Blizzard Entertainment\Warcraft III

esby

IP Logged
Dragoon
Peon

Reply #4 - Feb 1st, 2009, 12:20pm

I have spoke with Black_thingy, the creator of the unpack tool for the replay and he told me that he can easily pack it again. By doing this with a modified replay can be a problem because its need to insert the new modified checksum in the replay reader so warcraft 3 can check. He doesntknow how he w3g checksum are calculated. Anyone has an a ideia?

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print