ShadowFlare's Realm - Forum

Problems with the SCToolkit - https://sfsrealm.hopto.org/ Forums

Original message

Jerran

duke_nukem_ii@hotmail.com
209.232.215.208 user profileedit/delete message

"Problems with the SCToolkit" , Mon 8 Jan 00:02 post reply

I have downloaded the MPQ Control, the SCToolkit, and the Visual Basic 4 files but every time i try to run the sctoolkit it a warning message comes up with the following text. "You need two files named Staredit.exe and Storm.dll from your Starcraft/Broodwar installtion." then when I hit ok this error message comes up with the following text "Can't load (or register) custom control:'COMDLG32.ECX'" then I hit ok on that and it all goes away. What am i doing wrong? Why wont it work? I have even tried copying the Staredit.exe and Storm.dll out of my Starcraft/Broodwar installtion and pasting them in the SCMTOOLKIT folder but it still doesnt work. Can someone please help me?

Replies:

ChaosLord

the_lord_of_chaos@hotmail.com
63.27.209.113 user profileedit/delete message

"Re(1):Problems with the SCToolkit" , Tue 16 Jan 20:36 post reply

Did you make sure you downloaded the SCMToolkit version that goes with Mpq Control, and not the one that goes with Mo`Paq2000?
I'd try re-downloading and re-installing everything to see if thats the problem.

Battle doesn't need a purpose;the battle is its own purpose. You don't ask why a plague spreads or a field burns. Don't ask why I fight.

All rights reserved © 2000-2001 ShadowFlare