ShadowFlare's Realm - Forum

MPQ Control Problem? - https://sfsrealm.hopto.org/ Forums

Original message

PSX

PSXN64SAT@aol.com
152.163.195.177 user profileedit/delete message

"MPQ Control Problem?" , Wed 28 Mar 14:51 post reply

I downloaded the MPQ Control to use in Visual Basic, I loaded it into my components and placed it on a form, but when you run the program or exit from VB, I get this message...

"You need two files named Staredit.exe and Storm.dll from your Starcraft/Broodwar installtion."

I downloaded and installed the MPQ Control package with the install program and the StarEdit.exe specifically for this... I put the staredit.exe into the System folder, is that where it should be? No matter what I do, nothing works... Perhaps it has to do with my version of VB... ShadowFlare, I notice you work with VB4, well my version in 6.0. Perhaps a version conflict of some kind? Though I do not know why that would be the problem... Any help would be appreciated... Thanks.

Replies:

ShadowFlare

Webmaster

BlakFlare@hotmail.com
144.39.100.140 user profileedit/delete message

"Re(1):MPQ Control Problem?" , Thu 29 Mar 14:16: post reply

Staredit.exe should be in the same folder as the program using the Mpq Control. It should be in your visual basic folder when you are developing a program. All the other files can be either in the same folder, or in the system folder.

After you do this it may still not work, however. The Mpq Control is very buggy and only works on some systems, not all. The reason it is so buggy is because lmpq, the program I used the source code from, is very buggy. If I could have the source code for mpq2k, it probably would work a lot better.

Your visual basic version doesn't matter as long as it is at least 4. Version 4 is the first one to support ActiveX controls. I didn't make the mpq control in visual basic, I made it in Visual C++ 6.0. I basically just converted an existing console application to an ActiveX control.

[this message was edited by ShadowFlare on Thu 29 Mar 14:20]

ShadowFlare

Webmaster
Grunt

BlakFlare@hotmail.com
144.39.100.157 user profileedit/delete message

"Re(2):MPQ Control Problem?" , Wed 4 Apr 14:13 post reply

I'm probably going to have a new version of the Mpq Control here sometime soon. I think it will get rid of the major bugs in it. I'm using a newer version of lmpqapi with it.

All rights reserved © 2000-2001 ShadowFlare