ShadowFlare's Realm - Forum

Some Help With New Colors - https://sfsrealm.hopto.org/ Forums

Original message

Jaguar Prime

Peasant

Anton_Slavic@Hotmail.com
64.111.5.150 user profileedit/delete message

"Some Help With New Colors" , Tue 25 Sep 15:21 post reply

I have been working hard trying to change team colors in starcraft and I have a couple of questions.

A)Is it possible to change team colors permanently? And can this be done while playing on b.net? (my theory would be that I can see black for example, but the other people on b.net would see the regular color, and this wouldnt fool around with the game)

B)I cant seem to work mpq2k at all. I know I am required to use this program to create a new mpq archive for starcraft to read the changes from, such as new colors. I downloaded all the programs required to run the program (staredit,limpq.lib, etc) however when I double click on it the program quits byitself in a matter of seconds (2 secs I counted)

C) scm toolkit is used to edit special properties such as colors, map sizes, coding your map, etc. however I try editing this and a message pops up requiring a file called chk. ive checked this out online and have confermed you need to extract the file from the map, but you require mpq2k to do the job, which brings me to the problem at question B.

If anyone could help me out here id appreciate it.

"Ya see that?! Took him down with one shot!!"

Replies:

Sir Galahad

Peasant

thels@wanadoo.nl
24.132.64.180 user profileedit/delete message

"Re(1):Some Help With New Colors" , Wed 26 Sep 04:46 post reply

MPQ2K, though it has a Windows icon, is actually a DOSbased program. Therefor, you need to start a DosPrompt, change to the directory where your StarCraft map is located, and then run MPQ2K with the correct parameters.

If you don't know much about DOS, then you better use a different program for extracting the .chk files, like a regular MPQviewer.

As for MPQ2K, you still need it if you want to load and save .scm/scx files within scmtoolkit, but you don't have to run the program itself, so you don't need DOSknowledge.

As for the Colors in a map, if I remember correctly there is a file that sets which player uses which color in which tileset, but I don't know for sure. Anyhow, on Brood War maps, the colors inside the map will override this.

Sir Galahad
Email: thels@wanadoo.nl
URL: http://www.camsys.org/
MSN: sirgalahad@camsys.org
AIM: SirGalahadCamsys
mIRC: #CamSys on Dal.net

All rights reserved © 2000-2001 ShadowFlare