ShadowFlare's Realm - Forum

How do i UNprotect Maps? - https://sfsrealm.hopto.org/ Forums

Original message

DarkGod901

Peasant

DarkZEro901@hotmail.com
63.208.222.238 user profileedit/delete message

"How do i UNprotect Maps?" , Thu 3 Jan 14:39 post reply

How do i UNprotect Maps for starcraft broodwar?

DarkGod901

Replies:

Suicidal Insani

Peasant

suicidal_insanity@stormcoast-fortress.net
217.80.194.217 user profileedit/delete message

"Re(1):How do i UNprotect Maps?" , Thu 17 Jan 03:21 post reply

It is possible to unprotect maps, just very complicated, I won't get into the details, nor will I make a program to do this(at least not a public one :D) but it is fundamentaly possible, i wont explain it here either to anyone....

ThENeEdEdOne

Grunt

lilaznvboy@hotmail.com
I3Q
63.210.116.37 user profileedit/delete message

"Re(2):How do i UNprotect Maps?" , Fri 18 Jan 19:18 post reply

quote:
It is possible to unprotect maps, just very complicated, I won't get into the details, nor will I make a program to do this(at least not a public one :D) but it is fundamentaly possible, i wont explai ...
Well thats real helpful in a forum to tell us that it is possible but ont tell us : P. but to be honest.... SCM is real specific on how preotecting an unencrypted that u can never edit it again, a warning, a encrypted editor, all the basics to warn you. So you shouldn't protect your map unless your fully done

WȣM 2 M RM W Ї MP VV R Н M |{Rz _| !!

Mini Moose 2707

Grunt

MiniMoose2707@aol.com
What ICQ?
205.188.195.54 user profileedit/delete message

"Re(1):How do i UNprotect Maps?" , Fri 4 Jan 16:30 post reply

UNprotect Maps? Good joke. Unless its Encrypted Protect, forget it. Never Permanent Protect a map unless you either don't care or have a backup. Don't worry, I found that out the hard way too.

Know yer role and shut yer hole!

The Moose is loose

TheNeededOne

Grunt

lilaznvboy@hotmail.com
I3Q
64.156.155.146 user profileedit/delete message

"Re(1):How do i UNprotect Maps?" , Fri 4 Jan 04:04 post reply

quote:
How do i UNprotect Maps for starcraft broodwar? ...
If you protect maps that arent encrypted, you cant uprotect it. I believe there was a warning of taht : (. If you encrypted a map, just go to Tool/Map Protector.... Select Unprotect Map.

WȣM 2 M RM W Ї MP VV R Н M |{Rz _| !!

Sir Galahad

Grunt

thels@wanadoo.nl
24.132.64.180 user profileedit/delete message

"Re(2):How do i UNprotect Maps?" , Thu 10 Jan 03:29 post reply

Well, if you protected your map with a password, then you could unprotect it again, if you do know the password. If you have protected your map without a password, then you can no longer open it. Use the backup as MPQToolKit advised you to make.

If you're asking how to unprotect a map that wasn't made by you, then forget it. Protections are there for a good reason, from keeping lamers to modify your existing map (and if they're lame enough, remove your name from the credits and put on their own)

Sir Galahad
Email: thels@wanadoo.nl
URL: http://www.camsys.org/
MSN: sirgalahad@camsys.org
AIM: SirGalahadCamsys
mIRC: #CamSys on Dal.net

CBWhiz

Peasant

CBWhiz@hotmail.com
216.194.23.18 as5300-9.216-194-23-18.nyc.ny.metconnect.net user profileedit/delete message

"Re(3):How do i UNprotect Maps?" , Thu 4 Apr 21:03 post reply

Well I've done it to a few maps, though GUEdit makes unprotecting a nuisance...

Even though I can unprotect maps, I NEVER unprotect, modify, and call it mine. On maps I really like, I might unprotect, edit a bit, and save it giving myself MODIFIED credit, but leaving the origonal author credit. I only did that on Icebound, which is fun but annoying if you all die. I added a reset feature so when u all die, you restart at the beginning instead of having to remake.

Also, I will not unprotect maps for anyone, so dont bother asking.

If you really wanna unprotect, do what I did - figure it out ur damn self :D

On another note, the only reason I know how is cause i lost the source to my own map - accedently saved protected over origanal - and it was a GREAT map that i wanted to fix a few errors on :D

All rights reserved 2000-2001 ShadowFlare