Since SCMLoader is likely nearing a release marked as non-beta and has had many features added in the mean time, I have decided on increasing the version number by more than just a single step. Today's beta release has even more added features. These include:
- Support for the newer FireGraft patch format. Currently data files for SC 1.15.0 and 1.15.1 are included.
- Capability to create patches all in one file, that use SCMLoader to load them. To use this feature, make a copy of SCMLoader.exe, attach an mpq archive to it, and add SCMLoader.qdp to the archive. The constructed exe package will load the mod mpq along with SCMLoader when running it. If SCMLoader is already running, it will use SCModLoader to tell SCMLoader to load up the attached mpq archive.
- SCMLoader for single player campaigns. Now scm/scx files can be used directly for the single player campaign maps. Simply add the map uncompressed and unencrypted to the mod mpq archive at the campaign's path, with either .scm or .scx added to the end (for example, campaign\expprotoss\protoss01.scx) - no special paths are needed within the scm/scx file. Any maps loaded this way get the same SCMLoader features that any external scm/scx maps already do.
- SCMLoader.exe and SCModLoader.exe now accept command line parameters to specify an mpq archive to load.
- When attempting to load an mpq archive in SCModLoader when Starcraft is not running, it will launch SCMLoader and load the specified mpq archive at startup.
- mpqpacks\mpqlist.txt will now also accept a colon ":" at the beginning of a file name to specify that SCMLoader should find and open the archive from within an already open mpq archive. This feature is likely most useful when used in combination with SCMLoader for single player campaigns for map-specific mods for the campaign that are shared between only some of the maps.