Buy from YesAsia.com through the picture or the search box below and I will get a credit of a percentage of the price of what you bought at no extra charge to you. :) They have great prices and free shipping is available for orders of US$39 or more (depending on the destination country). If the search box is not working, click the image to the left of it and search from the site.
In SFmpqapi there was a bug in the code that looks for free hash table entries when you add or rename files in an MPQ that could prevent adding or renaming files if every hash table entry had previously been used, even if files are deleted. A fix for this has been uploaded and a new build packaged with WinMPQ. Though maybe not useful for many, the build packaged with WinMPQ is now compatible with Windows 9x again (until recently, I was not aware that I had broken compatibility).
There was also a bug that did not affect WinMPQ but would affect programs that attempt to use file seek operations that do not use the beginning of the file as the reference point.
For developers using SFmpqapi and wanting to use a more current version, for a long time it has been necessary to either use the DLL bundled with WinMPQ or compile your own from source. Today I have uploaded a set of new binaries and the latest header files for those who prefer using the binary package rather than compiling their own.
I have also added a link in the downloads page to the cwad library that WinMPQ uses. It has existed in the download folder on this site and the link had been given out on some forums, but until now I had not added a link on the downloads page. A new version has been uploaded that fixes the same seek bug SFmpqapi had and prevents a lockup that can happen when listing files from an empty cwad archive. The new version has been added to the WinMPQ package.
Due to spam accounts and posts, I've changed the forum settings to require my approval on account registrations. I don't check this site daily, so if I'm not approving your account in a timely manner, feel free to send me an e-mail reminder.
If you are a spammer or your account name looks like a spammer name, do not bother sending me an e-mail to have me check your account for approval.
- Fixed bug that prevented 2 - 4 GB archives from being recognized. - Supports bzip2 compression option. - Changed hotkeys to allow Ctrl+A to select all. - Fixed no listing bug on archives having a one entry hash table.
I discovered a bug in my CWAD library that could cause it to crash after listing files and potentially cause other weird errors if it didn't crash. The WinMPQ and CWAD library packages have been updated with the fix for this bug.
Last month one of my bug fixes for SFmpq introduced another bug, which prevented reusing names of files that once existed in the archive. I've updated the WinMPQ packages with a new build of SFmpq.dll containing the fix.
- Supports StarCraft 1.16.1. - Updates to some patching code to make it more compatible with other plugin loaders. - Loading screens are no longer a separate download. They are now embedded in SCMLoader.qdp in scmloader\optionaldata.mpq. - Deeper levels of nesting archives within another are supported. - Version-specific offsets and data are no longer hardcoded. They are now stored in a file called scmloader\versiondata.ini in an MPQ archive embedded in SCMLoader.qdp.
I've updated the patching code used by my playlist plugin to fix some things and make it more compatible in various cases. This makes it compatible with Data Execution Prevention and somehow happened to fix a crashing issue it had with FireGraft.
The same update will also be included in the next SCMLoader release, though the only noticeable effect will be that it may make it compatible with FireGraft's loader (which isn't relevant to SCMLoader, for the most part). SCMLoader was already using a version of the patching code updated to be compatible with Data Execution Prevention.
I have uploaded a version of WinMPQ compiled with Visual Basic 6 instead of 4. It may be faster or may not really be any different. I couldn't tell any difference on my system (which isn't a slow system, however), but a difference in speed may be noticeable on some systems.
The SFmpq.dll file included with both versions of WinMPQ has been changed to one that was compiled with more optimizations enabled in the Visual C++ 2008 compiler. It may be a bit faster than previous builds I've included.
I have also updated my Battle.net gateway editor to support Diablo 2 and Warcraft 3 settings all in the same program and fixed a couple of existing bugs in it. I have uploaded a VB6 version in addition to the VB4 version, because I know that at least XP and later come with the VB6 runtime pre-installed.
I've updated my CWad library to support reading the archives directly from StarGraft-generated exe files. If you downloaded WinMPQ before this message was posted, there is a new download up that contains the updated file.